- In March, 2019 to the World wide web the Internet 30 years were executed (30 facts about the Internet).
- 26th General Conference on Weights and Measures has made the decision – kilogram, ampere, kelvin, and mole were redefined at this meeting, in terms new permanently fixed values of the Planck constant, elementary charge, Boltzmann constant and Avogadro constant, respectively.
- 2018 – Nobel laureates in Physics – Gerard Mourou (France), Donna Strickland (Canada) for groundbreaking inventions in the field of laser physics”, in particular “for their method of generating high-intensity, ultra-short optical pulses & Arthur Ashkin (United States) for groundbreaking inventions in the field of laser physics”, in particular “for the optical tweezers and their application to biological systems
- 2017 – Nobel laureates in Physics – Rainer Weiss, Kip Thorne, Barry Barish (all United States) for decisive contributions to the LIGO detector and the observation of gravitational waves
- IBM 50-qubit quantum computer
- 2016 – Nobel laureates in Physics – David J. Thouless, F. Duncan M. Haldane, John M. Kosterlitz (all United Kingdom) for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter
- 2015 – Nobel laureates in Physics – Takaaki Kajita (Japan), Arthur B. McDonald (Canada) for the discovery of neutrino oscillations, which shows that neutrinos have mass