- precision polarimetry of substantially anisotropic crystals;
- generalized methodology of precision polarimetry;
- calculation methods of classic crystal optics (programming and computer modeling of the optical effects in crystals;
Nazar Ftomyn is a scientific supervisor of one thesis for the Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences:
Sudak I. V. “Structural peculiarities and parametric optical effects in crystals of langasite family”.
- Shopa Ya. Optical activity of Ca3Ga2Ge4O14 crystals: experiment and calculus / Ya. Shopa, N. Ftomyn // Optica Applicata. – 2013. – Vol. 43, No 2. – P. 217–228.
- Shopa Ya. Optical activity of langatate crystals / Ya. Shopa, N. Ftomyn // Solid State Phenomena. – 2013. – Vol. 200. – P. 129-133.
- Shopa Ya. Crystal structure and optical activity of La3Ga5SiO14 crystals / Ya. Shopa, N. Ftomyn, I. Sokoliuk // Ukr. J. Phys. Opt. – 2014. – Vol. 15, No 3. – P. 155–161.
- Ftomyn N. Disorder of crystal structure and optical activity of langasite family crystals / N. Ftomyn, Ya. Shopa, I. Sokolyuk // Book of Conference Proceedings of the International Conference on Oxide Materials for Electronic Engineering – fabrication, properties and application (OMEE-2014), 26-30 May 2014. Lviv, Ukraine, 2014. – P. 51-52.
- Shopa Ya. Crystal structure peculiarities and optical properties of La3Ga5SiO14, La3Ga5.5Ta0.5O14, Ca3Ga2Ge4O14 crystals of langasite family / Ya. Shopa, N. Ftomyn, I. Sokoliuk // Solid State Phenomena. – 2015. – Vol. 230. – P. 178-183.
- Ftomyn N. Calculation of linear electro-optic coefficients in La3Ga5SiO14 crystals / N. Ftomyn, Y. Shopa, I. Sudak // Acta Physica Polonica A. – 2018. – Vol. 133, № 4. – P. 933–935.
- Shopa M. Investigations of the optical activity of nonlinear crystals by means of dual-wavelength polarimeter / M. Shopa, N. Ftomyn // Optical Engineering. – 2018. – Vol. 57, № 3. – P. 034101-1–034101-6.
- Shopa M. Application of two-dimensional intensity maps in high-accuracy polarimetry / M. Shopa, N. Ftomyn // Journal of the Optical Society of America A. – 2019. – Vol. 36, No 4. – P. 485–491.
Nazar Ftomyn graduated from the Faculty of Electronics of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv (LNU) in 2005, and received a full higher education in “Radiophysics and Electronics” and obtained a Master’s degree in “Applied Physics”.
From 2005 to 2007 he worked as an engineer at the Department of General Physics, Faculty of Physics, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
In 2007–2010 he was a post-graduate student on the General Physics Department of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
From 2010 to 2015 Nazar Ftomyn was a lecturer, and since December 2015 he is an associate professor of General Physics Department, Faculty of Physics, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
In 2013 he defended his Ph.D. thesis named “Optical activity, linear and circular dichroism of dielectric halogenate crystals”, and was awarded the degree of Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences in the specialty of optics, laser physics.
Nazar Ftomyn supervised the theme “Parametric crystaloptics, optical properties and structure of complex oxides of the langasite family”, which was performed within his teaching working hours. He has published 61 scientific papers.
In 2019 he was awarded with the academic status of the associate professor of the Department of General Physics.
He’s educational and methodical achievement is the tutorial.
Шопа Я. І. Студентська наукова робота : навч. посіб. : [для студ. фіз. ф-ту] / Я. І. Шопа, О. І. Конопельник, Н. Є. Фтомин; за ред. П. М. Якібчука. – Львів : ВЦ ЛНУ імені Івана Франка, 2013. – 184 с.
Page with teachers schedule not found!